It seems like if we are going to recommend this garage door insulation kit, we should at least give you a look at how to use it! Note: This kit was previously known as the Falcon Foam garage door kit.
Here’s how you go about installing the Matador Insulation Kit into your garage door:
1) Get your tools together. You will need a straight edge of some type, a utility knife, a tape measure and safety goggles and gloves.
2) Now take your tape measure and measure the distance between the inside edges of the vertical rails. Don’t worry about the space behind them just yet. Also measure between the horizontal rails. Your panels will fit under these, so read through all of this instruction page before you measure – you don’t want to cut them too short.
3) Next, measure behind the vertical rails, and cut a piece to fit. The main piece will be held into place on the top and bottom, so these pieces can be separate.
4) Now take the sheets you pre-cut in step 2 and insert them between the vertical and horizontal rails. Make sure the laminated side is facing out, and the scored side is facing in, towards the door. Just slide the bottom edge of the panel under the horizontal rail, and bend it so that you can get the top under its horizontal rail. Now your panel should be fully insulated.
5) Here’s a look at a finished panel:
And an entire door, with the garage door insulation kit fully installed:
There you have it – It looks clean, you can wipe it off with a rag, and you don’t have to deal with any itchy insulation either! Your garage will be cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, and a lot more comfortable.
If you want to take a shot at this project, please Buy Your Garage Door Insulation Kit Here and we’ll send one right out.